Khijadiya Village, Gujarat
Khijadiya has been recognized as the Best Tourism Village 2023 in Silver Category.
Khijadiya is the 49th Ramsar site of India and a Birders paradise because of the Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary.
Khijadiya beckons the travellers into a world that is both a testament to nature's resilience and a celebration of human ingenuity.
The initiatives such as 'Apno Taluko Vibrant Taluko' have conducted a grand overture in crafting superior tourist infrastructure.
Khijadiya village is located in Jamnagar taluka of Jamnagar district in Gujarat, India. It is situated 8km away from Jamnagar, which is both district & sub-district headquarter of Khijadiya village.
The village consist of population of 2,246 (Male-1,166 and Females – 1,080) according to 2011 census. The most prominent tourist attractions are Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary, Ranmal Lake. The annual tourist inflow (latest) – 41339.
Cultural and Natural Resources (The village concentrate on the cultural resources like Vernacular (Local) Architecture, Handicraft and Embroidery – Tie and Die (Bandhni work) and Natural resources like Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary and local architecture too.)
- NEARBY ATTRACTION
1. Ranmal Lake
2. Bhujio Kotho
3. Khambaliya Gate
4. Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary.
- INITIATIVE/ EVENTS/ ACTIVITIES
1. Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary (KBS), declared as sanctuary under Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 with applicable norms implemented in the notified area of KBS.
2. Through various bird conservation organization and local leaders working in tandem towards tourism development of the Wildlife Sanctuary site.
3. Village population are involved in Tie and Die craft (Bandhani) and Tour operation and guides.
4. Illustration center at Khijidiya Bird Sanctuary and interactive session on Natural Diversity.
1. Khijadiya was declared as India's 49th Ramsar site, a wetland of International Importance recently on February 2,2022.
2. Implementation of State and National Scheme (PM Gram Sadak Yojana, PM Jan Arogya Yojana, PM Fasal Bima Yojana etc.)
3. The Bandhani craft has vast customer base, especially the tourists and the craft provide the economic stability to the rural people.
4. Gujarat Tourism Policy (2021-25) has special focus on the Tourism Service Providers, pertaining to value chain integration, it provides financial benefits for different works like appointment of tourist guide, establishment of new office, organizing of rural fair and events and market development assistance.