Thirunallar Village, Puducherry
Thirunallar has been recognized as Best Tourism Village 2023 in Bronze category.
Thirunallar Village emerges as a radiant gem of spiritual and cultural tourism. This enchanting enclave weaves to splendour tapestry of rich traditions and lush landscapes. With ancient temples that whisper tales of centuries past and vibrant paddy fields that sway to the rhythm of time.
In Thirunallar, preservation isn't a choice; it's a way of life. As the village nurtures its temples, bronze idols, and the coveted Maragatha Lingam, it also embraces dance, music, and cultural festivals that weave a vibrant tapestry of traditions.
Thirunallar village, nestled in the serene surroundings of the Cauvery delta, boasts a rich agricultural heritage and vibrant cultural traditions. With its historical temples, lush paddy fields, and serene water bodies, the village offers a unique blend of natural beauty and cultural richness. The village's commitment to sustainable practices, including green tourism and responsible activities, ensures the preservation of its cultural and natural assets. As a sought-after destination for religious festivals and cultural experiences, Thirunallar welcomes visitors to immerse themselves in its authentic rural charm and partake in its farming, handicrafts, and pottery practices.
The theme of Thirunallar Village is primarily Spiritual and Cultural Tourism. It is known as a Hindu pilgrimage site with significant historical and religious importance.
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
1. A park established under the Swadesh Dharshan Scheme, featuring a meditation dome, herbal garden, and a Navagraha mandapa.
2. Arulmigu Ekambareeswarar Temple
3. Agalankannu Reservoir
4. Nallambal Lake / Chettikottagam Lake
● Thirunallar actively preserves its cultural resources, including ancient temples, bronze idols, and rare artifacts like the Maragatha Lingam (Emerald Lingam).
● The village is associated with dance and music, featuring events like the Unmaththa Dance and Bharatha Natyam Festival.
● The establishment of the Spiritual Park under the Swadesh Dharshan Scheme is a significant initiative.
● The village takes various initiatives for water conservation, waste management, and environmental sustainability.
● Travel and tour operators organize guided tours to nearby attractions, contributing to the local economy.
● Rural tourism in Thirunallar provides livelihoods to a significant number of people, including those in the hotel industry, tour operators, local businesses, artisans, and more.
● The tourism sector directly employs 300 people and indirectly supports 2,000 individuals, contributing to gender balance and social inclusion.